Online Land Auction Hobby Industrial Park
Development Opportunity. 15.85 AC's in the Greater Hobby Area.
The site was previously a Gulf Metals Industries property which was identified in the regulatory database as a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (Tceq) Superfund, Voluntary Cleanup Program (Vcp), and Municipal Setting Designation (Msd) site. The site was deleted from the State Superfund registry on July 5, 2002. Prior to being deleted from the Registry, the facility was accepted in the VCP on July 11, 2002. The soil response action included solidification of approximately 15,000 cubic yards of contaminated material with Portland cement and covered with a 2-foot-thick clay landfill cap. The cap is under a post closure maintenance and inspection plan as part of the closure.
The Tceq issued an MSD Certificate for the site in July 2011. The MSD prohibits the use of groundwater within the MSD boundary.
A Conditional VCP Certificate of Completion was issued for the site in February 2012 based on the following restrictive covenant:
“Remedial actions performed at the site rely, at least in part, upon a physical control. Therefore, the removal or modification of the cap at the site is prohibited without prior written approval from Tceq. The condition related to inspection and (if necessary) repair of the physical control present must be maintained. Removal or modification of this restrictive covenant is prohibited without prior written approval of the Tceq.”
Based on the issuance of an MSD prohibiting the use of site groundwater and the issuance of a restrictive covenant, the closed VCP Gulf Metals site case constitutes a controlled recognized environmental condition (Crec) to the site.
On April 25, 2019 the Tceq issued a letter to Terracon Consultants that the Tceq accepts their conclusions, in a report entitled “Cap Inspection Report”, that no major issues were identified with the cap and adequate maintenance has occurred. Furthermore the Tceq proposes CAP inspection reports every three years, rather than every year.
On March 8, 2012, the site received a Conditional Certificate of Completion
• Approx. 15.85 AC's or 690,426 SF of land
• Location is near the intersection of Mykawa Rd & Almeda Genoa Rd
• Rail Line borders the entire west property line
• Zoning: None
• Topography: Grade level
• City Utilities in Street
• Flood Hazard: None
• 1600.27' along rail line on Mykawa
• 260.51' Road Frontage along Telean Street
• On-Site Detention in place
• 4.7 Miles from William P. Hobby Airport
• Room for expansion of multiple light industrial buildings or as an industrial business park
• 2.6 Miles to State Highway 6
• Greater Hobby Area: Hobby Airport is located at the center of this part of Southeast Houston. A rail line at the western edge of the community provides access for a number of large industrial facilities.
10% Buyer's Premium and other terms apply.
of Texas, LLC 9008058, Kelly D. Toney, TX Auctioneer 11818
For more information, please contact Kelly Toney.
Auction Date & Time:
July 10th at 2:00Pm Ct
Preview Date & Time:
Drive by anytime
10701 Mykawa Road
Houston, Texas 77075