Auction Location: Comfort Inn, 455 McKinley Ave., Shelby, MT, 59474
1,863± acres of land with organic certification history, located in Toole County, Montana, 30 miles northwest of Shelby below the Kevin Rims.
Barbara Monroe and her late husband Jack, began farming this property in the late 1940'S, raising wheat, mustard and barley. From 1990 through the early 2000'S, Jack farmed organic. He was a pioneer in land conservation, planting over 70,000 trees as windbreaks on the family farm. Four parcels, located in the vicinity of the Kevin Rims, will be sold at “live auction” on Friday, September 20th. All four tracts are accessible from Highway 215 and offer an array of options, including the possibility for organic certification.
All tracts have mature shelterbelts running north-south, catching important moisture through winter and providing habitat for wildlife. Tract 2 encompasses a portion of a large butte. Not far off, the Kevin Rims are visible and further to the east lie the Sweet Grass Hills. Some fencing is present on the property, but condition of the fences varies.
The majority of this property was certified organic through 2002. A CRP contract was initiated in 1998, expiring in 2018. The CRP acres were hayed in 2018 and 2019.
• Tract 1: 478 ± Acres, All Cropland
• Access via Kevin Highway and Nepstad Road
• Shelterbelts spaced appx. 320 ft.
• Currently in grass/alfalfa mix, CRP expired 2018
• No buildings.
• TRACT 2: 479 ± Acres
• 369 +/- acres of cropland; 70 +/- acres of grazing land
• Access via Kevin Hwy and Nepstad Rd
• Northwest corner of property covers the top of the rim
• Shelterbelts present on this parcel, spaced appx 320 ft
• Includes small natural reservoir
• Grass/alfalfa mix and native grass, CRP expired in 2018.
• No buildings
• TRACT 3: 150.80 ± Acres
• 146.7 acres of cropland; 4.1 acres of grazing land
• Access via Kevin Hwy (MT Hwy 215)
• Shelterbelts spaced appx 320 ft
• Grass/alfalfa mix, CRP expired in 2018
• Boundary fence present, 3-wire barbed
• No buildings
• TRACT 4: 755.40 ± Acres
• 700 +/- acres currently of grass/alfalfa (formerly Crp)
• 55 +/- acres of native grass, CRP expired in 2018
• Access via Kevin Hwy and Negu Rd
• Includes one small grain bin
• USDA FSA information:
• Established yields: wheat 29 bushels; barley 41 bushels
• Crop base acreage: wheat 1152 acres; barley 610 acres
• Base acres will be apportioned to each tract by the Toole County FSA office, after closing
• Any Usda FSA farm program payments for the crop year 2019 remain the property of the Seller
Give us a call to find out more information.
Owner: Barbara J. Monroe Trust
Terms: This will be a live, open-cry auction, conducted at the Comfort Inn Conference Rooms, Shelby, MT. Tracts will be offered individually and in groups, at the discretion of the Auctioneer. Property sells subject to Seller's approval of the final bids. Cash to Seller at closing. Earnest Money: per parcel, non-refundable, due immediately following auction. After the auction, Buyer(s) will enter into a written Buy-Sell Agreement. No Contingencies. Buyer(s) must have financing arranged prior to bidding. Taxes: Estimated to be for the entire farm. Taxes will be apportioned to each tract by the County Assessor and prorated to date of closing. Seller will provide title insurance. No mineral rights transfer with the property. Closing agent fees will be equally shared between Seller and Buyer(s). Closing on or before October 21st, 2019 at First American Title Co., Shelby, MT. Auctioneer is acting as the sole agent for the Seller.